RESERVATIONSThere are no fees for reserving the shelter but donations to help with maintenance and upkeep are welcome. Call
organization shall advertise, organize, hold, or conduct any special
activity in or on the park grounds without first having received a
PARK VOLUNTEERS & FRIENDS OF THE PARKVolunteers are needed to assist with programs, landscaping, and special events. To volunteer as a “Park” helper call
Send donations to: Franklin Community Council, Inc., P. O. Box 43, Franklin, Ks. 66735 Attn: Park
PARK RESERVATION POLICY
CONDITIONSApplications will be considered on a first-come, first-served, basis and shall meet the following criteria:
1. That the requested activity shall not interfere in an unreasonable way with the primary use or uses for which the facility was designed.
2. That any net proceeds, including donations which are derived from any non-sponsored activity, be for recognized charitable causes (501 organizations).
3. That there is no selling of food, beverages or any other merchandise within the park facility unless approved by FCCI.
4. That there be no posting of signs and/or endorsements except as and where approved by FCCI.
5. If literature is distributed, it must be voluntarily accepted by passersby (i.e., there should not be any effort to force or coerce individuals to accept literature). Placement of non-sponsored literature on unoccupied vehicles or in/on park facilities constitutes littering and is strictly prohibited.
6. That any public gatherings, forums, rallies and public speaking activities/events will be permitted on park properties in areas designated by FCCI. Such events must adhere to all County and State ordinances, as well as all park rules and regulations. In general, public gatherings, forums and rallies are prohibited unless reservations have been made.
7. That any theatrical or musical program or performance, on or off stage, shall not project the audio portion of the program, by either natural or artificial means, at a volume that will disturb neighboring residents. In any event, projection of sound shall conform to County Code, and shall not be played in such a manner as to disturb the peace, quiet and comfort of the neighboring inhabitants or passersby or with louder volume than is necessary for the convenient hearing of those persons for whom the sound is provided.
8. That any unbudgeted costs incurred by FCCI as a result of the activity shall be accepted and borne in full (and in advance, as applicable) by the sponsoring individual or organization(i.e. portable toilets, dumpsters, clean-up costs, etc.).
9. That all activities shall conform to Federal, State, and County laws and regulations.
10. That no illegal drugs shall be permitted on park properties.
11. That non-sponsored special activities shall not be allowed in or on park properties where the size of group will interfere with normal visitation and usage or the activity will likely result in undue injury or damage to park property or resources.
12. That FCCI reserves the right to refuse a Permit given to any organization or individual who has demonstrated a prior history of not abiding by the criteria contained in this Policy.
13. That FCCI shall have the right to suspend any activity or event in progress if conditions of this policy are not being met. Violation of a rule or condition of the Permit may be cause for immediate revocation of the Permit, loss of all privileges associated with the Permit and forfeiture of any fees paid for in conjunction with the Permit.